02 Sep Business Advisory and Audit Services
CBC’s team of Taxation advisory and Assurance professionals partner with you to assist you manage your business operation and governance obligations, whilst providing you with practical and experienced input that as a business owner you can implement to continue to grow your business. Our services include significant Partner and Manager time so that you can be assured that in every engagement you have access to all the resources the firm has to offer.
Your CBC Partners business advisory and improvement team provide in addition to our specialist services;
- Completion of year end company, trust, partnership, business and related personal income tax returns
- Preparation of year-end financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Preparation and/or lodgement of Business and Income Activity Statements
- Liaison with the Australian Taxation Office, including lodgement program management, negotiation of payment arrangements and application for private ruling
- Compliance and Statutory audits completed with the latest technology and analytical tools
- Strategic business planning and cash flow forecasting
- Business Valuations
- Corporate Secretarial Services
- Funding advice including Government Grants and Insurance Reviews
Audit and Assurance
Audits play a crucial role in the compliance framework of many businesses. Compliance audits are mandated to ensure businesses are achieving their objectives through managing and minimising risk. Our experienced audit team can achieve this risk mitigation through the expert use of cutting-edge technology, the application of a tailored review process and with the regular oversight of the Audit Director.
Our Audit team has the experience and rigour to not only complete the audit with minimal disruption to the Business operations, but also proactively identify business improvements that add value to the staff and management within the Business.
Our audits are completed in accordance with the requirements of ASQC 1 Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Reports and Other Financial Information, Other Assurance Engagements and Related Services Engagements. We have the depth of resources within our Audit Director team to manage auditor rotation requirements without impacting client continuity associated with maintaining engagement from the same firm.
- We have expertise across a broad range of business sizes and industries including:
- Strata Plans
- Financial Services requiring AFSL and ASIC compliance audits
- Large Private and Public companies across industries including Building, Construction, Property Development and Investment, Manufacturing, Motor Vehicle Dealerships and Financial Services
- National and State Sporting Organisations
- Retirement Village Residents Accounts
- Australian international financial reporting standards (AIFRS) assistance
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds requiring annual SMSF Audits
- Not-for-Profit, Community and School based bodies, All Trust Accounts including Solicitors, Brokers, Betting Agencies, Debt Collection Agencies; Associations and Education Providers requiring compliance audits
- Specialist audit assignments including non-financial audits, special purpose audits and performance audits
Tax planning is essential to help you manage your cash outflows to allow your business to grow and help maximise your return on investment. Specialist tax advice, as distinct from day to day business tax advice is required when you encounter transactions outside of the normal course of business, such as buying a business, selling a business or merging businesses. Planning for these events can make a substantial difference to the after tax position.
We assist both the investment and business community as well as other accounting and finance professionals who lack the taxation expertise or resources to tackle difficult technical issues in the ever-changing world of taxation.
- Our Tax Consulting Division’s areas of expertise include:
- Income tax planning and restructuring
- Rollover relief
- Capital gains tax (CGT)
- Small business CGT concessions
- Division 7A advice
- International tax
- Goods and services tax (GST)
- Fringe benefits tax (FBT) and salary packaging
- Taxation training and development
- R & D tax incentive
- Business tax health check